Candle Tips + Safety
Please follow these helpful tips to ensure maximum safety and clean burning of your candles:
- ALWAYS TRIM YOUR WICK to 1/4" prior to each use. This will allow for a longer burn life. If wick begins to have a large flame, starts flickering constantly, or if wick becomes larger than 1/4", extinguish the flame and let cool for 1-2hrs. Re-trim wick and re-light candle.
- DO NOT BURN CANDLE FOR MORE THAN 4HRS. at a time. This will create a longer scent and candle life.
- REMOVE CARBON BUILD UP after each burn. Mushrooming, that may form on the top of the wicks are carbon deposits found on candles that are burning longer than the recommended time. Trim these off and keep them out of the melt pool for a more efficient and cleaner burn.
- BURN FOR 2-3HRS. INITIALLY. Ensure entire top surface melt pool reaches the edge of the container during the FIRST BURN. This will set the memory of the candle so it will not tunnel during future burns, as well as provide a consistent scent throw.
- FOLLOW BURNING INSTRUCTIONS located on the bottom of the candle to ensure a longer, cleaner burn.
- NEVER POUR WAX DOWN THE SINK. This can cause clogging. All natural soy wax melts do not evaporate. Once the scent has burned off, pour into a lined trash can or another container.
- BURN WITHIN SIGHT. Don't leave unattended.
- KEEP AWAY FROM FLAMMABLE OBJECTS. Never burn near anything that can catch fire.
- KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS.
- KEEP CANDLE FREE OF FOREIGN MATERIALS, including matches and wick trimmings.
- ONLY BURN THE CANDLE ON A LEVEL, FIRE RESISTANT SURFACE.
- FOR AN EVEN BURN, keep lit candle away from drafts, open windows, ceiling fans, vents, under cupboards. Not doing so can also lead to smoking.
- NEVER TOUCH OR MOVE A BURNING CANDLE when wax is liquid.
- 1 YEAR SHELF LIFE. Best to use candle within first year of purchase. We do not use any preservatives or dyes in our candles. With biodegradable, non-toxic materials, your candle may begin to lose potency after 1 year.
- CANNOT SMELL CANDLE? Our candles are all highly fragrant, however some scents are made lighter for a more soothing ambiance. For very large areas, depending on the chosen scent and size of the desired space to fill, you may need an additional candle to achieve maximum and desired scent throw. Also, you can try leaving the room for a few minutes, allowing your olfactory sense to adjust. We get used to our surroundings and can block scents out. You should be able to smell it once you return to the room.
- HOW TO PROPERLY STORE YOUR CANDLE - The all natural soy wax and high quality fragrance oils we use in our candles are sensitive to both temperature and light, so please be careful when storing candles for an extended period of time. If you store your candle, be sure it is in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or intense light. Keeping it in a dark place like a cupboard or box will protect it from fading and discoloration.